Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Hmm I remember I have a blog somewhere...

This time next month exams will be over and I will be free:)
But despite my weekends of college and stuff I have actaully managed to have one or 2 little adventures;)


Back in Feb(10th and 11th) I had the pleasure of a weekend in Paris at http://www.terena.org/activities/earnest/ws-schools/ I found it interesting too see the elvels of funding in other coutries for ICT and also their levels of commtment to it and as always it was nice to meet people who do my jobs in a different country:)

The following weekend it was down to UL for skycon -
http://www.skycon.skynet.ie/index.php
I even managed to give a talk but it is far too embarassing and a first attempt so it ain't online:)
The weekend was really great,met alot of new and interesting people and got to spend time with some great people ,oh yes and the food was lovely:)

So as if that wasn't enough on the 24th (yes the next weekend again!) I went on a weeks holidays to Hammamet in Tunisia.
It was quite and the weather wasn't the best but I enjoyed the relaxation and the nice indoor swimming pool,and the cocktails especially the cocktails mmmmmmm:)
The hotel and apt complex is lovely with pretty gardens and some spa facilitys and a private beach.By choice we stayed in the apts,a whole tenner more expensvie!! but I prefer the freedom:)
We visited Tunis which was jsut like any other industrial city,nothing special and then went to visit Carthage and the Roman ruins.It was all really pretty:)

So I came back from Tunisia happy and rested but of course it didn't all end here:)
Went back to work on the Monday worked 3 days and it was off to Germany on the bestest roadtrip ever:)

Our hired passat estate turned in to a nissan pathfinder huuggee monster car!! but considering the amount of shoes and clothes some people brought it was just as well!
The car also had build in gps which was really amazing and gave perfect directions so we didn't get lost at all:)
From Germany we drove up to Belgium for 3 nights,and stayed in a holiday resort in a lovely house with an open fire and lots of trees and woodland and red squirrels outside,It was lots of fun between having the big car with the gps,the squirrels,the petting zoo with the prettiest cow ever!the really cool swimming pools and of course the company:)


After that it was time to return to reality and work and college but sure it had to happen at some stage sooo role on the summer :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home